Major FlyBase Update

Peter Rice pmr at
Wed Aug 16 09:42:49 EST 1995

In article <PMR.95Aug16145034 at> pmr at (Peter Rice) writes:
>   Having done that (and included a few extra characters that I was missing
>   before as valid in gene names) I now indeed have 9012 genes indexed.

Actually, a little clarification is needed.

SRS is case-insensitive. There are still some 144 genes with the same name
with just the case changed ("Hup" and "hup" for example) which SRS indexes
as "HUP" so if you look at the total it says 8868.

But they are all there, with the full flybase names. Promise.

Peter Rice                           | Informatics Division
E-mail: pmr at             | The Sanger Centre
Tel: (44) 1223 494967                | Hinxton Hall, Hinxton,
Fax: (44) 1223 494919                | Cambs, CB10 1RQ