S-35 probes for squashes?

Denise Signorelli DSIGNORE%UKANVM.BitNet at PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU
Wed Aug 23 21:37:47 EST 1995

Hi all,
  Now that I figured out how to ask questions on the net; I need technical
help.
  I would like to do in situs looking for inserted P elements on polytene
chromosomes.  In the past I have tried colorimetric probes with absolutely
no success.  We do not have a license for H-3.  Has anyone tried S-35
riboprobes on their in situs?  Did it work?  Is the signal discrete
enough to be of any use.  Any other advice.
  Thanks a lot.  Denise Signorelli