artificial food media for flower-breeding Drosophila

Hampton Carson hampton at hawaii.edu
Thu Aug 31 15:36:36 EST 1995

I replied to Rita de Cassia dos Santos but had forgotten about D.
elegans. Like Davis, I was able to rear it on regular medium.We took the
specimens directly from the Ipomea flower hosts in New Guinea.  This
species, a member of the melanogaster group, would be a good flower species
 to work on in the lab (see notes on it in Okada and Carson: Kontyu, Tokyo 50:
 524-525 1982)

Hamp Carson
Department of Genetics and Molecular Biology
School of Medicine
1960 East-Wwest Road
University of Hawaii
Honolulu, HI 96822