D. melanogaster polytene maps

Terrence Lyttle tlyttle at hawaii.edu
Fri Dec 15 16:38:21 EST 1995

   We have just opened a new page on the Web
(http://www2.hawaii.edu/usr-cgi/ssis/bio/) for University of Hawaii
genetics, evolutionary and molecular biology information and links to
other sites.  It is still under construction, but already has a
reasonable amount of information (we think).  In particular, the
Drosophila community might want to check the following subsidiary page
for reasonably high-res scans of Bridges' polytene maps in 2 division
pieces:

http://www2.hawaii.edu/usr-cgi/ssis/bio/Chromosomes/poly/poly.html

The X and second chromosomes are present now, and I will be adding the 3
and 4 over the next few days.  If anyone would like to make other
cytogenetic maps/images available, please contact me by email.

Terrence W. Lyttle              tlyttle at uhunix.uhcc.hawaii.edu
Dept. of Genetics and           TEL:  808 956 5513
  and Molecular Biology         FAX:  808 956 5514, 5506
A102 Biomed. Sci. Bldg
University of Hawaii
Honoulu, HI 96822 USA