Microinjection set ups ?

Ken Saville saville at umail.umd.edu
Thu Feb 2 17:22:24 EST 1995

Hi,

I am researching the cost of setting for micro-injecting Drosophila
eggs, e.g. for P-element transformations.  I have been spoiled as a
postdoc with rather expensive set ups and would like to know the least
expensive way to go.  In particular, Is there a recommended minimal
microscope, mechanical stage, and micromanipulator set up.  How about
needle pullers? what's the cheapest that will work ?

Any advice or recommendations for references would be appreciated.

Thanks

ken saville