stock

perrimon at RASCAL.MED.HARVARD.EDU perrimon at RASCAL.MED.HARVARD.EDU
Mon Feb 6 15:34:28 EST 1995

 We recently discovered that the Sco FRT40A chromosome which  some of you
may have obrtained from our lab to build
recombinants between FRT40A and a specific mutation (m) contains an
additional lethal between the FRT and Sco. When this chromosome is used to
build recombinants between m and the FRT element, some recombinants will be
FRT l m or FRT l rather than the desired FRT m. If you have used this
chromosome you should test the putative FRT m recombinant lines for the
presence of either m or l.  Since Sco is homozygous lethal the presence of
the second lethal was not readily detectable.  As far as we know the other
FRT lines which have been recombined with dominant markers are not
associated with a similar problem. We are sorry for any inconvenience this
may cause you.

Norbert Perrimon