FlyBase GopherMail Service

FlyBase Project Members flybase at MORGAN.HARVARD.EDU
Wed Feb 8 15:26:08 EST 1995

FlyBase GopherMail Service

     Many of FlyBase's gopher services are now available by email, using
the GopherMail software written by Fred Bremmer.  These services are
accessed by sending email to

flybase-gopher at flybase.bio.indiana.edu

     Start by sending a message with any or no subject and any or no
message body to this address.  GopherMail responds with a message
containing the main FlyBase gopher menu and additional information used
by GopherMail.  Simply return the same message to the address it was sent
from with your choice on the menu marked with an "X".

     For more detailed information about GopherMail send a message
with just the word "help" in the subject to the flybase-gopher address.

     If you run into any problems or have any comments about this
new service, please send email to

flybase-help at morgan.harvard.edu

     This service works for all regular gopher searches and retrievals,
but it does not handle gopher+ searches and forms, or HTML options, and
it does not provide access to services originally developed for our
WWW home page, such as CytoSearch.

     We are interested in learning how useful it would be to augment
GopherMail to provide additional services.  Please let us know if you
would use such additional services and whether your use of them
would be because you do not have gopher or WWW access to our servers or
if you prefer the email option for other reasons.  Thank you for
helping us plan how we can best provide services to the community.