FlyView - A Drosophila Image Database

Wilfried Janning janning at vnwz00.uni-muenster.de
Thu Feb 9 12:05:03 EST 1995

Dear Drosophilists,

we are starting to construct an image database on Drosophila development and
genetics, especially on expression patterns of genes (enhancer trap lines, cloned
genes). Our aim is to establish the possibilty to compare images on the computer
screen or to search for special patterns at different developmental stages. Therefore,
all images are accompanied by text descriptions that can be used to search with
keywords.

You may be interested to try the experimental version of FlyView.  It is available on
World Wide Web, URL is http://pbio07.uni-muenster.de/

Please send any comments, suggestions or problems to
janning at vnwz00.uni-muenster.de

Best regards,

Wilfried Janning