Best D.mel ganglion ?

Christophe Roos roos at operoni.helsinki.fi
Mon Feb 13 12:25:22 EST 1995

Dear reader,

For the purpose of demonstration during a course I would need to dissect
ganglions from the fly. As I have never done it before I would be glad if I
could get some help with the following questions:

   - What stage / ganglion is the easiest to isolate by hand dissection?
   - In what medium / Ringer can it be dissected (if critical)?
   - If I want to keep it alive some time, then in what medium?
   - Any reference with figures?

Thank you for your help

Christophe

Institute of Biotechnology          Fax:                   +358 0 4346028
POBox 45, Valimotie 7               Internet: Christophe.Roos at Helsinki.Fi
University of Helsinki              X-400:           /G=Christophe/S=Roos
FIN-00014 Finland                               /O=Helsinki/A=fumail/C=Fi