Qiagen prepped DNA for fly transformation

Scott Panzer stenor at pcnet.com
Wed Feb 15 17:16:39 EST 1995

In article <3hqr2h$rpa at news.CCIT.Arizona.EDU> Lynn Manseau,
Lynn_Manseau at tikal.biosci.arizona.edu writes:
>Have people successfully used Quiagen prepped DNA for fly transformation?
> Do your transformation frequencies drop?
>Also, are there any hints for cosmid transformation into flies?

In Steve Beckendorf's lab where I was a grad student, Qiagen prep'ed
DNA was routinely used to transform flies, and it worked in my hands
without much problem at all.  Some people in my current lab have
had a little trouble with it, and I'm about to try myself now.  I figure
the problem was something else.....

So, go for it.

Scott

Scott Panzer               |   Department of Genetics, SHM I-310
stenor at pcnet.com           |   333 Cedar Street
panzer at biomed.med.yale.edu |   New Haven, CT  06510