(none)

William J. Etges wetges at COMP.UARK.EDU
Mon Feb 20 11:02:06 EST 1995

At  7:27 AM 20/2/95 -0800, Alirio Montano wrote:
>Does anyone have any reference or know about genetic marker in Drosophila
>starmeri or Drosophila martensis?
>             Thanks very much,
>                 Alirio Montano
>                 Universidad de los Andes
>                 Bogota-Colombia.
>                 E Mail: dmontano at cdcnet.uniandes.edu.co.

I am unaware of any published reports about visible mutants in these 2
species. You might check with Fontdevila's group in Barcelona. Rob DeSalle
has produced some DNA sequences for these species, though.

Bill

William J. Etges                                "I wish the Bald Eagle
Department of Biol. Sciences            had not been chosen
University of Arkansas                      as the Representative
Fayetteville, AR 72701  USA            of our country! The
wetges at comp.uark.edu                   Turkey is a much more
voice: (501) 575-6358                       respectable Bird,
FAX   (501) 575-4010                        and withal a true
                                                           native of America."

                                                   -Benjamin Franklin, from a
                                                   letter to his daughter.