Faculty position

PHARDIN at BIO.TAMU.EDU PHARDIN at BIO.TAMU.EDU
Tue Jan 17 21:54:09 EST 1995

Dear Drosophilists out on the job market,

The following is a listing for a tenure track faculty position in the Department of Biology at
Texas A&M University:

DEVELOPMENTAL BIOLOGY

We are seeking an outstanding scientist studying fundamental problems of animal development
at the cellular, molecular and/or genetic levels.  We are particularly interested in candidates
studying a model system such as zebrafish or Xenopus to take advantage of our extensive
aquatic facilities.  However, consideration will also be given to other applicable systems.  The
successful candidate is expected to develop a nationally recognized research program, to teach
at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, and to complement current strengths in microbial,
plant and animal biology.  Applicants must have a Ph.D. (or equivalent degree) and postdoctoral
experience.  Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae, and the names, addresses and
telephone numbers of three referees to:  Vincent M. Cassone, Chair, Developmental Biology
Search Committee, Department of Biology, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas,
77843-3258.  FAX: (409) 845-2891.  E-mail: vmc at bio.tamu.edu.

Closing date:  February 15, 1995, or until position is filled.

Texas A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affrimitive Action employer.