Dave Barry's Column of 7/8/95

John Reinitz reinitz at panix.com
Wed Jul 12 09:27:47 EST 1995

In article <1995Jul11.173721.15818 at alw.nih.gov>,
Eric L. Cabot <elmo at helix.nih.gov> wrote:
[Criticism of a Dave Barry column making fun of scientists]

Since Eric's comments concern not only Drosophilists
and Blattia-ists, but also Dave Barry, I thought
it only proper to cross-post Eric's statement to alt.fan.dave_barry,
with followups set to alt.fan.dave_barry, bionet.drosophila,
ans sci.bio.entomology.misc.

I am sure the resulting discussion will provide a valuable
opportunity for people in this group to explain the
importance of basic research to the general public.

---
John Reinitz <reinitz at kruppel.molbio.mssm.edu> v:212-241-1952 f:212-860-9279
USnail: Brookdale Center for Molecular Bio., Box 1126 Mt. Sinai Med. School,
One Gustave L. Levy Place, NYC, NY 10029 USA. I don't speak for/from Mt. Sinai.
email me for pgp 2.3a public key; k.f. = D7C9356AEBF0F04BDE380BBB3DB84E5E