thanks for the help

delidakis at delidakis at
Fri Jun 9 20:38:07 EST 1995

Many thanks for all the helpful tips sent to me (directly or posted to the
newsgroup) about how to cure the bacterial infection of fly food. For the
past two weeks I have been testing alternating nipagin with propionic+
phosphoric acid as fungicides (without otherwise changing the food recipe)
and I have not had any slime problems. If it ever comes up again, we'll
try spot-treatment with tetracyclin. Other potential routes for treatment
of this problem have been posted in the net during the past couple of weeks.
Many thanks to all the following:

wetges at
fuyama-yoshiaki at
biemont at
jr32 at
dosterbu at
gelbart at
Kristi_Wharton at
matthewk at
lraftery at
tlyttle at uhunix.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu
oujac at (Ben Yudkin)
flh at (Frances Hannan)
d_horowicz at (David Ish-Horowicz)
jr32 at (John Roote)
gendjc at LUXOR.LATROBE.EDU.AU (Dave Clancy)
drierac at (Chris Driver)
krishnan at sol4

Christos Delidakis
IMBB, Heraklion, Greece