video grabbing

LOCKSHIN, RICHARD A YPRLBIO at sjumusic.stjohns.edu
Fri Jun 9 08:27:17 EST 1995

you can (or could) get low resolution 256 gray shade (1 byte),
256 * 256 or 512 x 512 video capture boards for IBM (pre-windows)
for $200-$400.  Look at the back of PC magazine.  They typically
would capture an image in 1/60 second, and the image could be
saved for further analysis.  Depending on your intent, you might
need C or assembly to do an analysis in less than 20 seconds.
If you need color or high resolution, those boards cost a lot more.
Macintosh should have something equivalent.