Drosophila genome sizes

bernhardt at bscr.uga.edu bernhardt at bscr.uga.edu
Thu Mar 9 14:24:05 EST 1995

	I was wondering if anyone out there knows of a reference that contains
the genome sizes (in both kb and cM would be ideal) of different Drosophila
species.  Specifically, I'm looking for the size of the genomes of D.
pseudoobscura and D. persimilis.  I'm sure I can get the size for D.
melanogaster out of Ashburner's "Drosophila" or Lindsley's "The genome of
Drosophila melanogaster" (I haven't had the chance as of today).  But is
melanogaster representative of most Drosophila, or is their observable
variation in genome sizes?
	Thanks much.
--
Matt Bernhardt
University of Georgia                Fools multiply folly.
bernhardt at bscr.uga.edu