Postdoctoral Position

gxt5 at EMAIL.PSU.EDU gxt5 at EMAIL.PSU.EDU
Sat Mar 11 17:07:37 EST 1995

AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY
        Postdoctoral Position to work on cytoskeletal proteins involved in
establishing/stabilizing cell polarity and in processes of cell sheet
morphognesis. The lab is taking a multidisciplinary approach to these
problems in the fly including molecular, genetic and cell biological
experimentation. Background information can be found in Development 120;
2039. Experience in disc staining is desirable.
	       The University Park campus of Penn State has a thriving fly
community (now 7 labs) which span a range from the analysis of
transcription factor interactions through a variety of developmental
problems to molecular evolution. In addtion the Center for Gene Regulation
provides an additional forum for interaction with a wider range of labs in
the transcription/ development fields.
	       Further information about our scientific environment can be sought
on the World Wide Web at the following URL's:
for the Biology dept - http://cac.psu.edu/~sws4/Biology/Biology.html
for the Biochem/Molbio dept - http://millreef.mcb.psu.edu/deptpage/
The fly labs here are also listed as a group on the WWW virtual library:
Drosophila page at: http://www-leland.stanford.edu/~ger/drosophila.html
the Thomas lab URL is http://millreef.mcb.psu.edu/thomas
	       The campus is delightfully situated in the hills of central
Pennsylvania in the town of State College, and yet is large enough to
attract a wide variety of cultural events from nationally known artists and
companies. We are 3-4 hours drive from New York city, Pittsburgh,
Philadelphia and Washington D.C.
	       Anyone interested in this postion should contact me by phone email
or fax (PHONE - 814-863-0716; EMAIL - GXT5 at PSU.EDU) or you can write to the
address below.

FliesFliesFliesFliesFliesFliesFliesFliesFliesFliesFliesFliesFliesFliesFlies
i       Graham Thomas,
e       Departments of Biology and Biochemisty/Molecular Biology,
s       The Pennsylvania State University,
F       208 Mueller Laboratory,
l       University Park, PA, 16802
e       Email     GXT5@ PSU.EDU
s       Telephone (814)-863-0716
F       Fax       (814)-865-9131
l       WWW       http://millreef.mcb.psu.edu/thomas
esFliesFliesFliesFliesFliesFliesFliesFliesFliesFliesFliesFliesFliesFliesFli