Drosophila introns

eberl at RASCAL.MED.HARVARD.EDU eberl at RASCAL.MED.HARVARD.EDU
Fri Mar 17 10:01:13 EST 1995

A few minutes ago, Sean Buchanan wrote:

>Can anyone give me a consensus sequence for splice sites characteristic
>to Drosophila genes? I have suspected introns in a genomic clone but
>would like to know how likely these are to be real.

Sean,
Check out the following reference for Drosophila consensus splice sequences:

Mount, S. M., C. Burks, G. Hertz, G. D. Stormo, O. White and C. Fields,
1992  Splicing signals in Drosophila: intron size, information content, and
consensus sequences. Nucl. Acids Res. 20: 4255-4262.

Good luck,
Dan

Daniel F. Eberl                   |
Department of Genetics            |