rp21

Lauryl Maiya J Nutter lmjnutte at acs5.acs.ucalgary.ca
Thu Nov 16 15:49:04 EST 1995

Marcel Amichot (amichot at antibes.inra.fr) wrote:
: Hi!
: We are prospecting the induction of the expression of cytochrome P450 genes
: by chemicals. We are currently using Actin 5C probe to normalize our
: results. The problem is that Actin 5C and cytochrome P450 messengers have
: the same size.
: I am looking for a probe (or a sequence) specific for a gene constitutively
: expressed at a constant level in adults. The messenger should be smaller
: than 1 kb. I was thinking for instance to rp21 (a gene encoding a ribosomal
: protein). Is it a good candidate for this purpose? Where can I get a clone?
: Thank you in advance for your answers.

: Marcel Amichot
: Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique
: Laboratoire de Biologie des Invertebres
: 123 bd Meilland BP 2078
: 06606 Antibes cedex
: FRANCE
: amichot at antibes.inra.fr

Would rp49 work for your purposes?  The message is about 0.5 kb
(Accn  X00848 ).  If this would help, we have it and I'd be happy
to send you some.

Lauryl Nutter
Biological Sciences
University of Calgary