coupling peptides for antibodies

Christer Ericsson christer.ericsson at mog.ki.se
Mon Nov 20 04:13:16 EST 1995

Cahir,

I think the ³vertebrate people downstairs² give what would normaly be
considered good advice, although I think there are numerous alternatives,
such as BSA or OVA. I think you should affinity purify your positive
antiserum, using your peptide conjugated to a carrier that is different
from your immunogen, in order to get a truly monospecific (as monospecific
as they get) antiserum. So, I think the carrier you use may not matter
from a crossreactivity point of view.

I hope this is helpful. Please contact me if there is anything else in
this matter you would like to discuss.

Sincerely

Christer Ericsson

In article <cok-1711951941090001 at 131.111.46.78>, cok at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk