Any Delta 2-3 on 2nd Chromosome

Helen Benes hbenes at BIOMED.UAMS.EDU
Thu Oct 5 12:41:06 EST 1995

I sent this message last week, and haven't heard from anyone.  Is it
possible that there no "Delta 2-3 on the second chromosome" stock is
available?  Or is my message not reaching the Drosophila community?  Could
someone please just respond so that I know that I am being read?  Thanks!

In my lab we are trying to apply P element local hopping to mutagenesis of
the Drosophila Lsp-2 gene at 68E3,4.  We are starting with a P[w+] element
at 68E1 and so far (2000 F2 males screened by PCR) have no success.  We
estimate that the original element is about 135 kb from our target.  We are
using as a source of transposase, a Delta 2-3 on the third chromosome, a TM3
Sb.  As we consider altering our strategy, we're looking for a source of P
element transposase on the first or second chromosome.  If anyone has such
stocks, please contact me.  Also if anyone (out there) is willing to share
their favorite local hopping protocol and experience (e.g., distance between
original P element and target) with us, we would be most grateful.

Helen Benes
Department of Biochemistry/Molecular Biology
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Slot 516
4301 West Markham St.
Little Rock, AR 72205