Chromosome pictures

Thomas Wemmer twemmer at gen1.genetik.uni-koeln.de
Fri Oct 6 14:05:18 EST 1995

In article <jb031504-0510951424350001 at 128.249.46.45>,
jb031504 at mbcr.bcm.tmc.edu (Jim Bone) wrote:

> In article <twemmer-041095181350 at 134.95.209.186>,
> twemmer at genetik.gen1.uni-koeln.de (Thomas Wemmer) wrote:
>
> > We are looking for scanned in pictures of Drosophila polytene chromosomes
> > others than the one on the Flybase-disc.
> > Thanks in advance for any help
> > Thomas & Thomas
> > --
> > email-address:
> > twemmer at genetik.uni-koeln.de
>
> What do you want?  I have polytenes stained with DAPI, immunofluorescence,
> Phase contrast, etc, and from non-melanogaster species as well.  What
> resolution and type of image do you need?
>

> Jim Bone

Hello Jim,

	thanks for your reply.
We would like to obtain maps of D.melanogaster chromosomes, because we
plain to draw maps on the computer for the presentation of a deficiency
sreen. In principle we could use the maps found in Lindsley&Zimm, but
unfortunatly we have no scanner. Do you have these or similiar pictures as
a computer image?

Thanks again

Thomas & Thomas.