How do flies land on the ceiling ?

Jean-Michel Friedt jmfriedt at ens-lyon.fr
Sat Oct 21 14:24:44 EST 1995

Im sorry do disturb you, im not even sure if these are the right newsgroups
to ask this :

I have been looking for quite a while now at how flies land on the ceiling.
I mean flies fly head up but land on the ceiling with their head toward the
floor ... I've been wondering how they turn around from the head-up position
to the head down position (no I am NOT crazy, i am just a physicist :).
So what i am looking for would be a movie/video/pictures of flying insects
landing in positions as different as possible from their flying position.
I would be very happy if someone can answer me, and excuse me for my bad
english. Thank you, Jean-Michel FRIEDT.

Jean-Michel FRIEDT jmfriedt at ens.ens-lyon.fr
http://www.ens-lyon.fr/~jmfriedt/index.html