how to inactivate peroxidases without using MeOH

E.M. Rushton emr14 at cus.cam.ac.uk
Mon Sep 11 13:06:35 EST 1995

(I'm sorry, my system isn't set up to quote the post I'm responding to)
The question was, how to inactivate endogenous peroxidases when the antigen
is methanol-sensitive.  It's a fair bet that the antigen is not _ethanol_
sensitive, so try adding H2O2 in 70% ethanol.
I have used H2O2 in aqueous solution, and it's true that this causes a lot
of fizzing.  The only problem this causes is that it makes the preparations
float - which makes them harder to wash.  But with patience, you can wash
them, with the risk of losing a few.
Emma