Drosophila instant food

Christine Brack brack at urz.unibas.ch
Thu Sep 14 02:53:05 EST 1995

Can anyone help us out with some Drosophila instant food?

We are doing some lengthy experiments on fly aging. The food we have
used so far is "Ready Mix Drosophila Dried Food" (powder form)
from Philip Morris Biological, Axon, England.
Unfortunately their production has been discontinued.

Since the new food we tried "Instant Drosophila Medium" (flakes)
from Carolina Biological Supply Company, Burlington, has different properties,
we would appreciate if anybody who still has some of the
English dried food would be willing to part with it and sell us 2-3
pounds.

Thanks in advance.

Christine Brack
Biozentrum