Drosophila cell culture

Jeanine Regenthal JHCW54B at prodigy.com
Tue Sep 19 14:23:49 EST 1995

Hi!

     I cannot tell you how excited I was to have found this newsgroup. I
am new to the study of Drosophila (My experience has been strictly
mammalian cell culture). This is my second day in a project regarding
Drosophila. I am currently interested in culturing these cells in a serum-
free environment. I have some information with respect to the reqired
constituents of media, such as Schneider's Media. I have read a little
about the desired concentrations of important constituents, such as:
transferrin, albumin, b-mercaptoethanol, insulin, ethanolamine, selenium
etc...

     I guess I would like to know if anyone has any words of advice for
me, i.e. personal experiences, journal articles, references or names of
authors that I should concentrate on.

     I have just returned to work, part-time, after having severely
injured my back. I think it will be about a month before I can put in
some hard time at the university library... any advice you could offer,
so I can concentrate my efforts is immensely appreciated!

     Thankyou for your time and effort!

     Jeanine