new subcriber

rhys davies rdavies at chat.carleton.ca
Wed Sep 20 10:41:53 EST 1995

Hello,
	This is my second look at this newsgroup and I am a little
daunted by it, I'm taking a 2nd year Genetics course at Carleton
University. I was wondering if this is an apporiate place to ask
questions regarding my laboratory experiments. We are using
D. melengaster (sp?) due to its quick life cycle (8-10 daS AT 25C).
I will not ask for answers, just some pointers (ie.references,
what to expect...). This newsgroup seems to be comprised of those who
are far beyond my level of education and understanding. If this not an
apporiate forum for my questions, would someone be kind enough to
point me in the right direction.