codon usage

David Micklem drm21 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Wed Apr 3 14:54:21 EST 1996

In article <_-0304960959430001 at ocarina.cellbio.duke.edu>,
_ at cellbio.duke.edu wrote:

>In article <199604022043.MAA16377 at net.bio.net>, ringo at MAINE.MAINE.EDU
>(John Ringo/Dept. Zoology/U. Maine/Orono04469) wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for a table of codon usage (most-frequent codons for each amino
>> acid) in Drosophila.  Can anyone steer me to a source?
>> Thanks, John Ringo
>>         ringo at maine.maine.edu
>
>Cavener
>Nucl. AC. Res. 15(4):1353-61, 1987.
>
>BTW,
>
>we made a graphic codon bias analyzer (let's you spot coding ORF and slip in
>the RF).
>
>Marc

Hi Marc,

That sound rather useful!  Is it available over the net?  What platform
does it run on?

Thanks,

David

PS Whatever you post to bionet.drosophila with doesn't seem to set your
return EMail address correctly....

D.R.Micklem,
Tennis Court Road,
Cambridge CB2 1QR             Fruit flies like a banana.
UK
Tel: [+44] (0)1223 334129     Email:drm21 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Fax: [+44] (0)1223 334089