codon usage

anon anon at wi.mit.edu
Tue Apr 16 16:21:50 EST 1996

Marc_Champagne at cellbio.duke.edu wrote:
> drm21 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk (David Micklem) wrote:
> > _ at cellbio.duke.edu wrote:

- > >we made a graphic codon bias analyzer (let's you spot coding ORF and
slip in
- > >the RF).

- > That sound rather useful!  Is it available over the net?  What platform
- > does it run on?

- it is a very useful tool.  It can work for any species, as long as you
find us
- the codon bias table.  It is extremely easy to use (5 min. and you're
all set).
- The plots help you spot intron/exon borders (in coding regions), slipping in
- the RF and also detect genes in the genome projects.
-
- It now runs on Unix, and we figured out a way to make it work indirectly on a
- Mac, and our programmer is supposedly working on a WWW java version, but i

My husband wrote a similar program that works under Windows and will
construct codon usage tables if you give it coding sequences.  If you'd
like more information about it, send me email  at: leblanc at wi.mit.edu  and
I'll forward it to him.

Heidi LeBlanc