Anopheles database

LOUIS at myia.imbb.forth.gr LOUIS at myia.imbb.forth.gr
Tue Apr 30 06:59:55 EST 1996

This message announces the preview version of AnoDB, a database to cover
several aspects of the biology of Anopheles gambiae (and anopheline mosquitoes
in general) with a particular emphasis on their genome. The Home Page is
accessible at the URL:

           ********   http://konops.imbb.forth.gr/AnoDB   ********

   AnoDB now only contains plain WWW pages that can be accessed through your
favourite Web browser. It is planned to transfer all of the available data,
as well as to include lots of more stuff, in an ACeDB format with all of its
advantages (and disadvantages). We hope to be able to present the first such
version within the next few weeks.
   At this time the files (plain text) are only searchable through your
browser's search tools. For those of you across the ocean, be prepared for
some slow transfer times, so avoid the automatic loading of images. Faster
connections through direct lines across the Atlantic will be available end
of June 1996.
   AnoDB will also contain announcements of the community and information on
meetings. If you want such items to be shown in AnoDB, please send us your
messages (the e-mail addresses can be found in the corresponding pages).
   We would like to improve the AnoDB service as much as possible, so please
don't hesitate to send us any suggestions and comments.
   Kitsos Louis
   AnoDB curator