Hsp70 expression in unknown larval gut structure

Martin E. Feder m-feder at uchicago.edu
Wed Aug 7 09:04:10 EST 1996

We are interested in Hsp70 expression in gut.  In attempting to
localize Hsp70 expression, we discovered intense fluorescence in some
midgut and hindgut structures.  Our knowledge of gut is too
rudimentary for us to know whether these intensely fluorescing
structures correspond to known cell types or organelles, or something
else.  We've posted these images on a web page.  Can anyone tell us
what these structures might be?

The URL for the images is:

http://www.bsd.uchicago.edu:2001/Frames/viewer.cgi//65005566

Many thanks.

Dr. Martin E. Feder
Professor
Department of Organismal Biology & Anatomy
The University of Chicago
1027 East 57th Street
Chicago, IL 60637 USA
E-Mail: m-feder at uchicago.edu