heat shock protocol

Martin E. Feder m-feder at uchicago.edu
Wed Aug 7 09:00:15 EST 1996

Except in very early embryos (< 6 hr), 1 hour at 36 C should yield a
robust heat shock response.  34 is too low, and 38 is too high.
Typically we moisten a filter paper circle in PBS, place it in a small
disposable petri dish, put the larvae or pupae on the filter paper,
cover the dish, and seal it tightly with Parafilm.  The entire dish is
then immersed in a thermostatted water bath for the specified time.
Email me for more details if this is not sufficient.