GFP copy no. in flies

Kevin Edwards kedwards at hawaii.edu
Tue Aug 6 20:35:39 EST 1996

Using an HSP70-driven GFP fusion protein, we find that signal intensity
increases linearly with transgene copy number as you might expect.
However, insert location can have an even bigger effect. Best to test
several independent inserts of the transgene, then cross together and
homozygose the brightest ones.

Kevin Edwards
kedwards at hawaii.edu