Incubators for Drosophila

Michael Murray mmurray at metz.une.edu.au
Mon Aug 12 20:58:11 EST 1996

Hi,
   Does anybody have any advice on what style of incubators are best for
keeping Drosophila. We are mainly concerned with the problem of
humidity.
   We have a refrigerated incubator by Thermoline (Australia) that has a
relative humidity of ~20% @ 25 deg. C. We are finding it a bit of a
battle to stop our fly media (fruit based) from drying out. Apparently
this type of incubator (i.e. basically just a converted refrigerator
with a heater on top) is always going to be a bit dry due to the
moisture in the circulating air condensing on the cool refrigerating
surface.

For those of you in Australia any information of companies and brand
names would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Michael Murray
mmurray at metz.une.edu.au