need help for Drosophila inducible promoters

Mircea Podar podar at utsw.swmed.edu
Thu Aug 15 12:02:34 EST 1996

Hello fly people!

  It's that time of yeasr again for grad students to be slaving away at
qualifying exams :) I was wondering if someone could help me out by
telling me aside from heat shock and metallothionien promoters, what other
kinds of promoters are used in Drosophila that are inducible? I was
thinking perhaps tet, but I couldn't find any literature on it and I don't
know if it works in flies. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mike Chao
mikechao at pooh.swmed.edu