Effects of DNA damage on embryonic mitosis

Justin Blethrow saint at darwin.ucsc.edu
Thu Aug 29 02:55:31 EST 1996

I am investigating the embryonic response to x-ray damage during
the cortical divisions, and am looking for a simple method of locating
the kinetochores in order to asess entry into anaphase. If anyone
knows of a good antibody along these lines, please let me know.
Any clever method of distinguishing the M/A transition amidst
extensive chromosomal damage would be greatly appreciated. I have
considered contromere probes and cyclin B assays, but would like
something simpler.  Thanks in advance.

Justin Blethrow,  Sullivan Lab UCSC