(none)

Jennifer Weber jweber at julian.uwo.ca
Sun Feb 25 20:14:51 EST 1996

In article <v02130500ad55cf3d2183@[128.200.63.30]>, dhodges at UCI.EDU wrote:

> I would like to heat shock larvae (relatively large numbers-50-100) and
> separate them into first, 2nd and 3rd instars before or after heat shock.
> I am looking for methods for quickly separating the stages (other than
> visually picking them out).
>
> Thanks for any suggestions
> Dianne Hodges
> UC Irvine
> Dept Anat & Neurobiology

Dianne:
   I pick them out at the time of hatching and date the tubes 24 h AEL.
Therefore you can heat shock them as 1st instars right away.  Let other
tubes wait a day or two to get 2nd and 3rd instars respectively.
   If you are unfamiliar with this method, you can e-mail me for the
details at jbondy at julian.uwo.ca
                     Julie

--

Molecular Genetics Unit