X-RADIATION OF DROSOPHILA

Wouter Ferro ferro at rullf2.LeidenUniv.NL
Mon Jan 8 03:45:21 EST 1996

In article <4c5d1d$iqm at newsbf02.news.aol.com>, rebmel at aol.com (RebMel) wrote:
>I am interested in doses of radiation (rads/minute) which will affect the
>reproduction of drosophila but not be lethal. I have access to dental
>x-radiation.

Refer to The Genetics and Biology of Drosophila by Ashburner and Novitski
1976, Vol 1C, chapter by Sankaranarayanan and Sobels on 'Radiation Genetics'

Adult flies survive up to many krad; adult males become sterile above about 5
krad.

                 Pegasus Mail Electronic Mail System,
        Copyright (c) 1990-94 David Harris, all rights reserved

        Pegasus Mail - Local Delivery System Interface Services

Starting with version 3.2 for DOS and 1.2 for Windows, Pegasus Mail
provides a programmatic mechanism for setting the following internal
system information required for local delivery at runtime:

   A: The name of the user at the current workstation
   B: The path to a specified user's new mail directory
   C: The delivery path for outgoing mail to a specified user

A mechanism is also provided which allows Pegasus Mail's local user list
to be substituted with any programmatic service appropriate to a site.

For the path lookup functions (B and C), two methods are provided - the
first simply involves the use of simple static paths which Pegasus Mail
will use in preference to its default paths. The strings specifying these