Amplification of large fragments of DNA!

Ashok Mudgapalli ashok at LAMAR.COLOSTATE.EDU
Tue Jan 9 23:54:10 EST 1996

Dear Netters,
	Does any body has good experience in amplifying 15 kb or larger
size of Drosophila genomic fragment? I am sure some of you might have
done PCR amplification of such fragments. I appreciate if some body could
provide me the information about best PCR kit available in the market. As
every body must be aware of the fact that one need to have highest
quality of genomic DNA for large fragment amplification, I would also
appreciate if some body could provide me the method or reference to
prepare the highest quality genomic DNA for this particular application.
	I was all the time preparing the genomic DNA from flies using
classical method ( Phenol:Chloroform extractions) which was working pretty
well for most of the molecular biology application. At this point I am
not sure whether I can use same DNA for PCR amplification of large
fragments.
	Some recent refernces are highly appreciated

Thanks in advance to every body

Ashok Mudgapalli