cnbw

H. Stobbe H.STOBBE at UMWELT.ECOLINK.ORG
Wed Jan 10 11:46:00 EST 1996

Hallo everybody

We are pupils of an a-level biologie course in Hamburg - Germany of the
12th grade and we are looking for some competent help

In our experiments in the crossing of Drosophila melanogaster we had some
strange results. We used "+" and "cnbw" cultures. The flies developed five
different eye colours: white, light red ( cn ), red ( + ), dark red ( ? )
and brown ( bw ). The crossing relation is (w : cn : + : ? : bw)
1:1:1:4:1.
Our problem is, that we can't explain how and why the dark red eye colour
was developed, which is darker than the eye colour of the wild (+)
culture. The dark red colour also was more frequent than the other eye
colours. Why ?
We would be very grateful if you can help us in our hopeless situation.

Thomas, Christian, Frederik, Bartosch, René, Michael

posting please to our teacher
Hartwig Stobbe
H.Stobbe at UMWELT.ecolink.org
## CrossPoint v3.0 ##