Q> Toll gene exist in Drosophila Kc cells or not?

Young-Rok Seo young at kistmail/kist.re.kr
Fri Jan 19 05:33:12 EST 1996

Dear Drosophila worker.

I'm a postgraduate student from Korea university, Seoul, Korea.
My major is insect phisiology.
I'm also engaged in genetic cytotoxicalogy lab. in Doping Control Center,
KIST(Koreea Science & Technology).

 Well, I saw many paper about Toll gene. Especially, I noted Drosophila SL2
cells have toll gene and have immunocyte-like character(such as cell
aggregation, adhesion).
Because I have been studying using Kc cells for a long time,
it is very interesting to me if they have toll gene.
But I couldn't see the paper about Toll of Drosophila Kc cells.
So, What I want to know is whether Kc have(or have possibility to have) also
Toll gene or not.

I'm looking forward to your replying.
Best wishes for 1996.

               Young.

Young-Rok Seo.
Genetic toxicalogy lab, Doping control center, KIST, Seoul, Korea.
Fax: 82-2-958-5059
E-mail: young at kistmail.kist.re.kr