Leaky hs-Flp

B.G. Iyengar g9426467 at MCMAIL.CIS.MCMASTER.CA
Sun Jan 28 21:01:41 EST 1996

Hello all!

Im trying to generate mosaics in the larval brain using
hsFLP-FRT flies to study larval behavior. Im stuck thoroughly due to
constitutive mosaics which pre-empts my heat-shock induction.My aim is
to produce precise (the one Im interested in) mosaics in the brain,
instead of this nagging situation, where I get mosaics with very high
frequency peripherally.I hope my description of the problem was clear. Any
advice is most welcome!! I did use a Flpase line which was contended to be
non-leaky.Some luck! I have also tried 19 C, whats leaky I suppose will
continue to be leaky.. Thanks for any suggestion.

Bala