Inquiring about hsp27 of Drosophila

Adam Noel Harris adhar at leland.Stanford.EDU
Tue Mar 12 16:23:53 EST 1996

I have come to regret that I wrote:

: Yes, actually, I'm well aware of that.  Young-Rok, I think you should
: probably try some other resources for information.  It seems you post
[...]

As a result of re-reading my own post and the responses it precipitated,
I'd like to offer a two-part apology.

First, clearly my response above was directed at a single person,
Young-Rok.  As such it should have been emailed directly to Young-Rok and
not posted to this newsgroup/mailing list.  Sorry for hogging disk space
worldwide.

Consequently I have cancelled the original post, although it
will live on for eternity in the bionet archives.  I encourage others to
take the resulting flamewar to email where it will sooner or later die a
deserving death.  I also encourage those who may have made embarrassing
generalizations about certain nations (and populous sub-regions
thereof) to cancel their posts.

Secondly, I realize that my original post was more sardonic than I
intended, and so I apologize to Young-Rok publicly.  Certainly, my comment
about the length of his fellowship was tounge-in-cheek, as I'm sure were
comments others have made to me in email about the likelihood my career
will advance.

Sorry for mucking up what is otherwise a very polite group, provided no
one is talking about Dave Barry.

-Adam
See From: and Organization: lines for more.

PGP Fingerprint = C0 65 A2 BD 8A 67 B3 19  F9 8B C1 4C 8E F2 EA 0E