Peppermint flies!!!!

David M. Stack saustacd at
Fri Mar 15 05:40:05 EST 1996

Hi everyone,

               I'm an undergrad at the university of Reading, England,
and I am doing some research on D. melongaster.I am repeating an old
experiment of a man named Thorpe which involves testing the taste and
smell preferences of the flies. Will flies raised on peppermint chose a
pot of the medium in a choice chamber? Will the offspring of these flies,
when raised on a normal medium, still chose peppermint food in a choice
chamber? I would be really grateful to anyone who could send me some
information, no matter how small, large,complicated, whatever, or for any

Thankyou all very much