Help required..uni student Q.

Melissa Trentin mtrentin at powerup.com.au
Sat Mar 16 19:46:38 EST 1996

Well...I hope this reaches cyberspace..bit of a newbie here :)

I'm a 2nd yr Medical Science Student in Aust. I was wondering if anyone
could help me with this tutorial problem. I hate drosophilia Q's.
Any help would be appreciated...

Tah..Melissa Trentin (mtrentin at powerup.com.au) Private replies please :)

Pure breeding vestigial wing Drosophilia were crossed with flies
homozygous for cinnabar eye colour. The F1 progeny were crossed to
homozygous vestigial cinnabar flies to produce the following progeny:

Wild type: 30   Cinnabar:190   Vestigial: 160  Vestigial Cinnabar: 20

How are the two characterists inherited? I would appreciate any help
what-so-ever...ASAP..tute due in soon