drosophila diapause

Hampton Carson hampton at hawaii.edu
Sat Nov 2 22:44:20 EST 1996

Dear Andrew: Long ago with Stalker, I described a strong reproductive
diapause among wild adult females of Drosophila robusta in the midwest of
US. It was characterized by regression of adult ovaries to very small
bodies and the deposition of large sheets of body fat. You can check the
original paper (no reprints!!) Carson, H. L. and H. D.Stalker 1948
Reproductive diapause in natural populations of Drosophila robusta.Proc.
Nat. Acad. Sci. USA 34:124-129.  This event occurred in autumn.
With Aloha.

Hamp Carson