Mold in fruit fly media

Jill Hendrickson jill at howard
Mon Nov 11 22:18:42 EST 1996

Well, this won't be very comforting, but I've found that the only way to
get rid of mold once you have it, is to put the flies in a new bottle
every day for 3 or 4 days.  They clean themselves off and poop out all
the mold they eat so the mold only goes away if they get put into a clean
bottle after that.
Maybe you could put them in a new bottle every two hours or so on the same
day if you only have access once a week. Might have the same effect.
I haven't found any mold inhibitors that work.

Jill