eclosion problems

Kathleen Gajewski sa08383 at ODIN.MDACC.TMC.EDU
Wed Nov 20 19:27:39 EST 1996

To any interested fly people:
Since I have received a request for all the responses I got on the
eclosion problems query, here they are.  An additional note for those
with mutant strains; there are alleles of the Ecdysoneless locus that
have eclosion problems (I donUt know if they are caught in any white,
fibrous tissue though).  I have seen 3 papers on this mutant: Devel.
Genetics (1993) 14:369-377, J. Insect Physiol (1981) v27#12, 829-837, &
Invert. Reprod. & Dev. (1990)
17:2, 103-110.  Thank you to all that responded.
							Kathleen

Kathleen - I'm interested in your problem because one of my strains is
also often arrested in mideclosion.  I don't see the white fibrous stuff
you describe  though.  Is it all your flies, or only 1 strain?  Could
it be a chitinase defect?
Mitch