postdoc position

Steven Russell Genetics sr120 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Sat Nov 23 13:16:58 EST 1996

Postdoc position available from January 1997 in the genetics department,
University of Cambridge UK to study the molecular genetics
of Drosophila SOX box genes.  We are looking for an experienced molecular
biologist to join a team investigating the molecular and genetic properties
of Drosophila genes related to the mammalian testis determining factor SRY (See
Russell et al Development 122 p3669).
We have cloned 3 such genes and we are currently investigating their role in
embryonic segmentation, nervous system development and wing morphogenesis.  No
previous experience of Drosophila is necessary but a thorough grounding in
modern molecular biological techniques will be a strong advantage.  The
position is initially available for two years and salary will be on the RA1A
scale depending upon age and experience.  Inquiries may be directed to
Michael Ashburner (m.ashburner at gen.cam.ac.uk) or
Steve Russell (sr120 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk)

--
Steve Russell
Dept of Genetics                  Phone: (44) 1223 333970