ry[506] and FM7a stock?

Christophe Roos roos at operoni.helsinki.fi
Mon Oct 7 13:37:15 EST 1996

Dear reader,

We are looking for a strain which has

   -1. a  X-balancer displaying viable homozygotes (e.g. FM7a)
 and
   -2. is ry[506] homozygote

Purpose: We are planning a first P-element excision mutagenesis. The
transposon contains ry+ and is on the X. The background is ry[506]. We could
do such a strain ourselves, but prefer to speed up the experiment by about 3
generations as we would in any case have to order some stocks for this purpose.

If any reader of this message has such a strain close at hand, I would be
gratefull to hear about it.

Thank you for your attention.

ChR

Christophe Roos            Dr.Sc., doc.   |   Institute of  Biotechnology
                                          |   &  Dept. of Biosciences
Phone:                 +358 9 7085 9367   |   Division   of  Genetics
Fax:                   +358 9 7085 9366   |   P.O.Box 56, Viksbaagen 9
E-mail:     Christophe.Roos at Helsinki.FI   |   FIN-00014 Univ. of Helsinki
<A HREF="http://www.helsinki.fi/~roos/index.html">WWW Home Page: Roos</A>